If you wish to enhance the value of your home, then a new concrete driveway can facilitate boosting your safety, enriching property value, and much more. Whenever you find it to be the most appropriate time to invest in a new driveway, you may feel surprised by the plethora of available materials and styles.
Being one of the leading concrete driveway contractors in Los Angeles, we at DG Construction firmly believe that a concrete driveway is the most suitable option for homeowners in the area.
Go through this entire article to learn more about the advantages of concrete driveway installations, and other additional information.
Is it Wise to Invest in a Concrete Driveway?
A concrete driveway installation continues to gain maximum popularity among residential property owners. The slabs can conveniently manage heavy traffic if installed by a contractor experienced in custom concrete design in Los Angeles.
The question that most property owners ask us is whether a concrete driveway is functional or not. They feel skeptical about whether they should spend their hard-earned money on one. There are multiple reasons why a concrete driveway installation is an effective use of your resources. The reasons cited by us are as follows:
- Weather: One of the major driving reasons for concrete’s global acceptance is due to its ability to manage cold, heat, and sunlight. Materials like asphalt expand and contract with seasonal temperatures drastically, leading to cracks. Concrete stays increasingly firmer and additionally reflects sunlight to maintain a constant temperature.
- Longevity: A rock-hard concrete driveway can last up to 30 to 50 years with reasonable maintenance, usually 50 to 60% longer compared to asphalt driveways.
- Maintenance: Minimized contraction, expansion, and a solid weight-bearing capacity of the concrete make it suitable for property owners who wish to avoid extra annual chores. This low-maintenance option enables decades of use without continuing upkeep expenses.
- Resale: Concrete driveways improve curb appeal as buyers prefer clean lines and knowledge. They won’t appreciate constant repairs. Accordingly, they’ll feel satisfied with a concrete driveway.
The return on investment for a concrete driveway installation also makes it profitable. A paved driveway can elevate property values by at least 10%. Other estimates suggest the return on investment for paving an earlier crushed stone driveway hover between 50 to 75%.
Estimated Cost of a Concrete Driveway
The cost for a concrete driveway installation runs between $4 and $15 per square foot, with an average cost of nearly $6 per square foot. Factors comprise location, size, slab reinforcement, decorative aspects, etc. Whether a driveway removal is required may also determine the expense. A few neglected cost drivers are the following:
- Heating: If you dislike shoveling snow, then you can install heated coils that melt accumulations slowly. This feature reduces the burden of shoveling and minimizes slip and fall injury risks from ice heaps.
- Staining: If you include color in a concrete driveway, then it enhances its elegance by matching the home or including a decorative element to the grounds. This procedure is completed before the slab solidifies and includes labor and materials costs.
- Stamping: Proficient concrete driveway contractors can stamp patterns and textures into the slab to provide it with a new dimension. Despite adding to the total square foot price, a durable concrete driveway can take on the formation of inlaid stone, marble, or tile.
Yet, a concrete driveway installation continues to remain a cost-effective method to make a home look better and more valuable in terms of property worth. A basic slab is comparatively expensive and offers a decent return on investment. While little extras are piled up to the initial cost, they can deliver a long-lasting value.
Hiring a Professional Concrete Contractor
While upgrading your house, you must collaborate with experienced concrete driveway contractors who are extremely proficient like us. We as professionals perform this type of task day in and day out and know how to identify the key problem areas and achieve the desired results. On the contrary, whenever we have seen, that people are trying to save money by attempting DIY installations, their driveways mostly suffer cracking and necessitate early replacement. By hiring a knowledgeable concrete contractor in Los Angeles like ours, you can easily avoid costly mistakes and save money in the long run.
Inference Contact us today at (626) 862-4329 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a quote